27 Sep 2021
IMCD – Application Technologist
IMCD Nordic is a fast-growing ingredient and solution provider. As one of our Application Technologists is moving on internal to role as Product Manager, we are seeking her follower. The position as Application Technologist serves as a great platform to start a journey in our company as the role is broad and your learning curve is steep.
As Application Technologist you are responsible for the technical development and support within our Nordic organization. The position is based at the Nordic HQ in Hyllie, Malmö. You will report to the Business Unit Manager, and your function will include:
- Formulation and product development for customer-specific projects
- Create technical presentations and deliver understandable knowledge
- Close collaboration and communication with customers, suppliers and corporate technical staff
- Initiating the development and launching of new products in different areas of application
- Technical training and knowledge sharing with the Sales team
- Observing and analyzing trends and market development
- Trouble shooting and hands-on work in our food development lab, sometimes together with a client and/or supplier
- Be part of and responsible for a technical expertise within our EMEA innovation team
Your background and experiences
- Completed studies in food or beverages technology (Food Science/Food Technology)
- One to two years of experience from the food industry with developing technical applications, customer interfacing and supporting customer relationships are a merit
- If you are a graduate, relevant practical experience in the food industry during your studies is a plus
- Technical knowledge regarding the functional use of food ingredients
- Fluent in one Scandinavian language and English
You personal traits
- Strong drive
- Strong project management skills
- High integrity
- Good planning ability and a structural mind set
- Excellent communication skills
Beside a good technical understanding of food ingredients, a passion and personal interest for food in general is a great benefit. You might like to cook and experiment with baking and cooking recipe. You are trying to keep up with trends within the food and nutrition market or thinking of new food innovations that are missing while strolling through the supermarket.
How to apply
In this recruitment process IMCD is partnering up with Academic Search. You apply by clicking on the ”Ansök nu” button below, where you enter your personal details, enclose CV and cover letter written in Swedish or English. We like to receive your application as soon as possible as we might have interviews on an ongoing basis.
For more question, please contact Senior Consultant Mats Nordin, email@example.com / +46 70 751 67 40 or Researcher Emma Borgelius, firstname.lastname@example.org / +46 70 836 35 48.
All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system. Thank you for your understanding.
IMCD as an employer
IMCD Nordic is part of the IMCD Group and realized EUR 125 million in 2020 with 120 employees. IMCD Group is a global market-leader in the sales, marketing, and distribution of speciality chemicals and ingredients. Its result-driven professionals provide market-focused solutions to suppliers and customers across EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific, offering comprehensive product portfolios ranging from home, industrial and institutional care, personal care, food and nutrition and pharmaceuticals to lubricants and energy, coatings and construction, advanced materials, and synthesis.
The IMCD Group realized revenues of EUR 2,775 million in 2020 with nearly 3,300 employees in over 50 countries. IMCD's dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best-in-class solutions and provide value through expertise for around 50,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers. IMCD shares are traded at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD).