28 Nov 2020
Mars – Key Account Manager
Mars Norway is a part of Mars North Europe – a subsidiary of Mars Inc. Mars is a global leader in chocolate, pet care, gum & confectionary and has world class brands that have been around for more than 100 years. Mars Norway is marketing a range of well-known brands such as EXTRA® SNICKERS®, M&M'S®, TWIX®, MARS®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, UNCLE BEN’S®, and DOLMIO®. Mars North Europe is part of the European Multisales organization, and employs over 350 Associates, and has their hub in Copenhagen. Mars Norway’s office is located at Skøyen, Oslo.
Mars is a value-driven organization that deeply believes in our associate’s potential and development. Contact us and we will tell you more. You can also visit www.mars.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
The main purpose of the Key Account Manager role is to maximize customer engagement by winning "hearts & minds" of the customer. Further, the Key Account Manager is responsible for driving profitable category growth both for the customer and Mars and increase market share across categories covered.
The Key Account Manager must form strong customer relationships with the account headquarter, working not only with category managers and buyers, but also with other key stakeholders from the retailer such as supply, finance, marketing. The jobholder should develop a strong interface internally towards Category Management, Field Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Finance to optimize the use of competencies to drive top line growth and business shape down to account contribution within the account. Deliver business targets as agreed with Country Director and National Account Manager.
• Responsible for all aspects of the total customer business. This include forecasting, financial control and reporting, as the owner of the customer P&L.
• Plan and conduct negotiations with customers in line with Mars defined strategies and plans to:
o develop joint business plans and setting joint business targets
o negotiate terms and conditions
o negotiate listings, placements and campaigns
o execute activity/promotion plans and investments in line with Mars brand, category and channel strategies
o develop and implement plans to drive category growth and increase Mars market share
• Be the key source of information and knowledge regarding the account / channel internally and externally
• Drive Customer Engagement agenda with Customer centric mind set – win customer 'Heart & Mind'
• Deliver high annual Customer survey results through implementation of agreed action plans
• Commercial and analytical mindset
• Ambitious and a desire to develop
• Be a collaborative Team player
• Have a holistic mind-set to drive Customer Engagement
• Desire to share knowledge and best practice within the team and on Mars North Europe level
• You have the inner drive needed to succeed, and you have a passion for driving sales
• Strong skills in Excel
• Ability to represent and drive the customer agenda internally and Mars externally
• Min. 2 years of with experience from account management, business controlling, analysis etc., preferably from the FMCG industry
• A commercial education is required, whereas a university/master degree is desired
• The candidate must be fluent in Norwegian and English, as English is the working language internally.
For further information, please feel free to contact Academic Search International, Lasse Berner +47 924 08 624